Monday, August 29, 2016

Week 34 - Woodland

Hola mis amados amigos! Come estado.

Pues I invite you all to read Alma 5! Our mission president has asked us to read it and think about the mighty change of heart Alma is speaking of. I have been reading it and thinking about all the questions that Alma asks. It's made me ponder how I'm going about my life and how I can change to be more in line with the Spirt and Savior! It's a super good chapter so when you have some time you should take a glance!

I also started Jacob 5 aka the longest chapter ever about trees. But actually there were many thoughts that came to mind as I read. I thought about how we each are kind of a tree.  There are people here that need to be grafted into us so that they can take nourishment from our roots or our testimonies and grow off of that until they can become their own tree to branch off of.

It also talks about how it is only the Lord of the vineyard that goes down to work in the garden and it only mentions one servant. The creation connected to that in my mind. It was Christ and Michael who created the earth and put things were they needed to be!

This week has been a good one, very busy! I can't remember if I mentioned him but we meet a man named Tim last week doing service and we saw him again this week while trying to visit someone. I wish all people were open like he is. We are able to discuss our beliefs and learn from each other and it's very cool! He also commented on how he has noticed the people of our church have good hearts and that we have a unity others don't so that was cool to hear!! :)

I actually got the hiccups while we were talking and it was the most interfering thing of my life. Yes speaking English with the hiccups is one thing but speaking Spanish with them is basically just literally impossible so that was super great.

We also this week may have gotten Costco pizza more than once, learned how to make tamales, gotten into a very minor car crash with the Elders, become best friends with a 6 year old named Thomas, we twisted some ankles and got bruises playing futbol, had a picnic in the park with some members, and were able to have interviews with President Wright! So all good things! It was a good week! The people here in Woodland are so so awesome and the members are so great as well! I'm so happy to be serving in this area.

Hermana Dorny has begun to realize how much Hispanics talk, it's glorious. But she's also realized the amazingness of their food and the ridiculousness of their quantities.

We visited with Laura! We had to reschedule her baptism for next Saturday because her sisters had to leave town and she wanted them there! We talked with Laura for a bit and she shared with us how she has felt the Holy Ghost and seen repentance working in her life. It was so awesome to hear it's one of the coolest things to hear someone share how the gospel has helped them!

I've started reading Jesus the Christ again with Hermana Dorny. And it is such an amazing book. We talked about the atonement a lot and it's such a beautiful thing that we have access to. I encourage you guys to think about why you are grateful for Christ’s sacrifice for us! I can't fully comprehend the things that He went through for us but I have felt the help we have access to because he paid the price of justice for us! I love you all so much and our Heavenly Father and Christ love you even more!


Have a good week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment