Monday, August 22, 2016

Week 33 - Woodland

Querido todos,

Pues there isn't much to say this round because I emailed out just a couple days ago. But the temple was amazing as always and I encourage you all to go sometime soon! The spirit and blessings that it holds is something great so we must take advantage of it!

Saturday was a busy day for us. We meet with Jorge and he had a scripture that he liked in the Book of Mormon about when Nephi was commanded to build a boat, it was so awesome to see that he had read! We had a super good lesson with him and set up another appointment. He's a super cool guy so we hope he continues reading and can pray and feel the spirit!

Tag Photo


My heart was made happy today as well. There are a lot of homeless people here in Woodland and it always makes me sad when I see them, so so sad and I just want to help them. So there was a man sitting in the gas station parking lot as we were getting gas and you may think I don’t have a heart but actually it's there and sometimes it's quite bothersome when it decides to show itself ;) no but it made me sad and I wanted to give him cash but I didn't have any and technically we aren't aloud to. But flashback to when we had pizza with Lorena there was a whole pizza left and she made us take it so we grudgingly put it in our car.

The Lord works in mysterious ways people so we pulled up and we gave him the pizza! He seemed a little shocked but thanked us a lot and told us he actually was trying to do family history and learned that one of his great something grandfathers was a body guard or something for Joseph smith. So I mean take that with a grain of salt but it was cool to help him and it made me happy. So if someone ever gives you a whole pizza never underestimate how it can be used!

We also meet a guy named Tim who we helped with some yard work. He is a Christian and was super awesome. He told us that sometimes things in the gospel are backwards. For example the commandments there are ten of them but the tenth one is to not covet. So if we keep the tenth commandment then it wouldn't be possibly for us to break any of the other nine because everything starts with a desire. We had a super awesome conversation with him and the Elders and gave him our number. He said he would call us when he had other yard projects because he enjoyed the help, so we very much hope he does!

We meet cool people everyday in the strangest of ways sometimes but it just goes to show God loves each of us so much and works in ways we don't quite understand to make sure we are all taken care of!

Woodland is a busy place to be right now and I think I may be more tired than any other time in my life but things are great and I love Hermana Dorny! The Lords work continues to move forward!

Well I hope you all have been good! Love you all tons let me know if there is anything I can ever do for you!! Que tenga un buen semana y que le viva bien!

Con amor
Hermana Foster


Woodland District (I think)

Woodland Zone (I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment