Monday, March 28, 2016

Week 12 - Bennett Valley, Santa Rosa

Hello friends and family!

How are you all?? I love you!! This week has been good! To start it off on Tuesday we taught our recent convert Angel! We showed him the Easter video and were able, with the help of the churches new web site that goes along with the video, talk with him in depth about Christ and all that happened the week leading up to Easter Day! It was supercool to watch all the things click in his head as he recognized different things and put things together! The spirit was super strong during the lesson and I absolutely LOVED teaching about Christ and his life!
I love the Book of Mormon

We tried to contact a potential investigator named aurora who we have talked to before. She lives with a roommate who made it very apparent we weren't her favorite. So when we went to her house she wasn't home but her roommate was.  She wasn't wearing her glasses so she couldn't see who we were so she actually talked to us haha. Anyway we asked her to tell her we came by and she said ok and who are you guys again and we said the missionaries. She blinked and then went ohhhh the Mormons and she clasped her hands and did a very long bow towards us in her doorway and then went yea whatever adios and closed the door. It probably wasn't something to be funny but I found it hilarious, she bowed to us.

We also taught Lilia, a less active, again this week!! She has been coming to church for a while now so she will soon be considered active again which is so awesome! I love her so much she always offers us fruit when we come over and calls us her Bonita Chicitas.

The work here is moving along. Recently it has felt that everyone is canceling on us which gets frustrating and sad some times. BUT the work goes on and we have time to just contact everyone we can and I love contacting! It's so awesome and fun to just meet people and talk to them even if they want nothing to do with us. So hopefully in the coming week we pick up new investigators so we can start teaching again in this last week of my first transfer in the field!

Friday night we meet with a less active that we have been trying to see since I got to Santa Rosa named Irma! She let us come in and share the Easter video with her and her parents. And guess what!! I understood pretty much the whole lesson AND I was having a conversation with them! They told me my Spanish was really good and I think I shed a tear. They may have said it just to be nice but I'm taking the compliment anyway. I can't wait to get to know more Spanish so I can just talk to people more and more!

On Saturday we were trying to find potentials and found a women named Debra! She was standing out side talking to her neighbor and recognized us as missionaries. It was quiet shocked actually when she asked us if we were with the Latter Day Saints. I guess her grandma has elders come over every week and teach her! Anyway we found her randomly and she was definitely prepared and set by the Lord! We were able to show her the Easter video and talk about resurrection! The spirit was super strong and I think she felt it to but didn't recognize what it was! She asked to come back again as soon as we could! So hopefully we can go back and start talking about jesu cristo y su mensaje!

The Ninas
Sunday was an adventure when Hermana Burton and I locked ALL of our things in one of the church buildings... We walked around forever trying to find a phone to call the elders or other hermanas with. We ended up going to another church building and using that phone to call people.  The elders so kindly brought us our things. It was a very fun 4 hours and having no idea what to do without our things. But it was fun to walk around for a bit! The weather here is pretty nice and the wind was blowing so counting my blessings it wasn't raining!

This Saturday was also the general women's broadcast! And man was it just amazing!! I loved it so so much! Each of the speakers talked about serving and being gods hands and standing up and speaking out! One of my favorite scriptures was mentioned! The one about how one who loses their life for Christ’s sake actually finds it! They talked about how when you are serving you are NEVER alone and the Lord is on your right and left hand and has angels round about you. Ahh our General Authorities and our Prophet are truly inspired and have such an amazing spirit and are hastening this work forward more and more! I'm so so excited for general conference this upcoming weekend and the opportunity we get to hear from all the different special witnesses of Christ! Think of the questions you would like answered and pray that they will this conference! I testify that this church is true with all my heart and that Thomas s. Monson is a prophet called of God. I love this church and gospel SO much and hope all of you are doing fantastic!! I love all your emails so much! Tenga una buena semana!!

Con amor,



Hermana Foster

Everyone has these birds for pets 
The sisters in my district 

No comments:

Post a Comment