Monday, March 21, 2016

Week 11 - Bennett Valley, Santa Rosa

Hola Todos!




This week has been fun, a little bit slow on the lesson side but still good! To start it off on Monday we went to teach a new potential investigator named Kim. And she speaks.... ENGLISH.... Technically we shouldn't be teaching her but because she is a single sister it is easier for us to meet with her than the English Elders in our area, entonces we get to teach her!

Selfie
She is great! She has studied many religions and is looking into others and doesn't know much about our church and wants to know more! She took in the first lesson really well and committed to read and pray and asked us to teach her more! The sad part is she texted us later saying she has been reading and praying and wants to hold off on more lessons until she feels ready so she will text us when she does feel ready. I really hope that she texts soon and we can teach her more. I already have love for her and want her to feel of the spirit and of gods love for her, so I hope that can happen for her. But a cool experience that came out of this was that I got to teach the first vision or Joseph's smith vision of Christ and God in English and this was my first time not doing it in Spanish.

Now I didn't expect it but teaching this in Spanish and English are very different! It's probably because I don't understand it fully in Spanish yet but sharing that in English was SO powerful and the spirit was strong! I absolutely love teaching the first vision reading Joseph's Smith’s own words just instantly brings the spirit and I love it, so powerful! But now I'm going to work at it till I feel that much power in Spanish because Spanish rocks when I can say and understand things. Slowly but surely I'm learning! Paso y paso.

Our investigator family also canceled on us again this week and said they would text us when they had time to meet again. It was super sad when they canceled, their lessons had been going really really well and the kids were awesome. I'm not sure what happened or if they truly are just very busy but hopefully they will let us come back, I have such a love for them! But it's ok because maybe we were just there to plant a seed and later on will be the time for it to grow!

We also did service again this week at meals on wheels and I cut pineapples for an hour and a half and then slabs of meat for forty five minutes. You may not think it but that my friends was a pretty good arm workout, you should try it some day. Then the next day we got asked to go again and I cut onions... Yes onions and it is probably something I NEVER want to do again, I might just never cook with them.

There were 5 of us assigned to that job and we all were crying, tears streaming down our faces. It was truly a bonding experience. And last but not least for service this week we helped someone move in and then we had a thing at church and vacuumed cars and cleaned Windows! It was a pretty fun time!

This week we picked up a new investigator named Perla! We also ended up teaching her son and his two friends during the lesson because they walked in half way through. And guess who one of her sons friends is. None other than our 13 year old investigator Sebastian. They asked A TON of questions about the plan of salvation and asked us to come back again today. It was super exciting and they are just awesome! And it was also cool to watch Sebastian, he got super excited when he could answer things for them, it was cute.

Study Desk
During my studies this week I read a talk by Jeffrey R. Holland titled "Safety for the Soul" es muy poderoso (powerfull) I think it's my favorite talk for the moment so if you ever have a free chance this week and feel the desire to read some words of a lovely Apostle that's definitely a talk worth reading! I also gain more of a testimony for the Book of Mormon as I read it each week. It truly is the word of God and a testament of Christ and I love it with all my heart and KNOW that it is true! I've also seen this week how the Lord blesses us each day individually. And with each new person I meet I feel more and more of the love Heavenly Father has for each of us! Jesucristo es nuestras Salvador y fue resucitado en la pascua. Èl aman usteds mucho y es su proteccion y fuerza! Yo sè que su evangelio y mensaje es verdad!


 

This is the craziest and cutest friend I have made so far on my mission.  His name is Angelito.

Anyway love you all so much! I love reading all your emails!

Con mucho amor
Hermana Foster

Spanish word of the week:
-disunfortunadamente: unfortunately

Yea try saying that 10 times fast

No comments:

Post a Comment