Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Week 62 - Fairfield

Buenas tardes! 

Ok so this week has probably been the craziest week of my mission. Let's start out with the sad news so as you know I was companions with Hermana Bennett but some pretty crazy things have been going on with her and it was decided that the best decision for her would be to go home.

We had the best three days of my life together though. I love her with all my heart and she left for home on Saturday. So it was definitely a harder week but I know that this was the best decision for her and I also am so grateful because I know the spirit prepared me for this week before I knew what was going to happen.

Hermana Bennett

After talking with President Wright, it was decided that the best thing for me is to be transferred to Santa Rosa. So…I am now back in my very first area with Hermana Broyles and one of the best Hermana Garcia!

However the difference from when I was first here is that I can now understand and communicate with people! So it was awesome to actually talk to the ward. :) So I am excited to be here in Santa Rosa again in a trio. I already miss Hermana Bennett like crazy but it's all good because we have plans to party after the mission. I did say this week was crazy. I went from Novato to Fairfield, unpacked, then packed again, and I am now in Santa Rosa. 

With that being said not a ton of other things happened BUT we did get to have conferences with a member of the seventy Elder Schweitzer and his wife. They were SO amazing I wish I could just soak in everything they taught like a sponge and use it always.

I'll end off the email with only one of the things I learned when they were teaching. We talked a lot about the importance of repentance and how we can use this daily. Because Christ suffered and died for us we have the opportunity to repent of all of our sins! Repentance isn't just for major sins but for our everyday mistakes repentance changes us from good, better, and then best.

So because of Christ and the amazing sacrifice he performed for us we can daily kneel down and ask for forgiveness for the things that we did that weren't quite in line with the attributes of Christ. Christ is at the center of all and our purpose as missionaries is to testify of him and do all we can to help at least one person each day feel or the love their savior and father in heaven has for them.

And ok I can't resist, I'll add one more thought. This week I really learned about how individually our Heavenly Father knows and loves each of us. I had been learning more about it through the week and at the conference the spirit testified to me even more about it. He knows you and me and everyone and he has a perfect and I mean perfect plan for each of us that he will make sure happens. He knows what we need exactly when we need it and the love he has for us is unfathomable and infinite, we are blessed to have such knowledge. 

Well I hope you all had a fantastic week and that things were maybe a little less crazy on your end of things. :) I testify that this gospel is true and that Jospeh smith was a prophet called of God to translate the Book of Mormon which is another testament of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful to have this knowledge and to have the opportunity to share it with all others that I can here in Northern California. Read the Book of Mormon this week and remember that the stories in it are precious and can be applied to each of our individual circumstances always.

Les quiero muchísimo, gracias por sus oraciones. Espero que pueden tener un buenísimo semana. 


Hermana Foster 

Sister Aiton and Elder Jones

Fairfield Relief Society

Fairfield Sisters

Hermana Garcia

Hermana Gudmundson (was one of Sam's companions that came back to SR for a visit)

sister Jeffery (Sam will be rooming with her at BYU-I)

Matson Family

No comments:

Post a Comment