Monday, December 12, 2016

Week 49 - San Rafael

Hola todos de mis amigos,
Espero que este semana fue bueno. 

Transfers are happening! I'm staying in san rafeal but both of my companions are sadly being taken from me. I wasn't expecting that one and I'm sad to see Hermana tribe and hermana soba go I feel like I just got Hermana soba and I wasn't ready for her to leave. I will be companions with Hermana Mendez now! I don't know her to well so it will be good to get to know her more!

This week we were able to visit with Jairo and right now are focusing on how When God is before everything all things will always fall into place. We also got to visit with a family for the first time this transfer! Nery and Paula, they are so awesome and we asked how we could help them and they said to come to their door at 8:30 to wake them up for church. We really got to know them during the lesson and showed the Christmas initiative which is so awesome people really relate with service and helping those around us. And let me tell you about how much I love Hermana soba. She's amazing and just so excited and wants to help everyone. She is so good at getting people to open up and I have much to learn from her about teaching and also having an immense amount of energy! I love how there is always something to learn and improve on, it keeps things interesting. 

This week sister Jeffrey and I got pretty sick, not sure what it was probably just some virus going around so there was some resting that was done. This was the first time I've been sick on my mission and it was awful I felt so bad keeping my companions inside, but I got the sleep that was needed so that was good. We did eat with the English elders one night and got an authentic Indian dinner which I had never had before so that was one to add to the experience journal. Fun fact they have a breath freshener after dinner that is like eating soap and flowers. 

For one of the service days this week we did go to a nursing home to carol and brought cookies. Little did we know we had found the nicest nursing home in Novato and they announced our "caroling group" over the loud speaker. But we had a lot of fun and everyone sang with us and asked us to come back at some point before Christmas. It was so happy and so great to talk with the people there and singing is always great.

We also did another service for the coast guards on the Golden Gate Bridge. It was pouring rain so they suited us up with rain gear and sent us out to pick up trash and do some weedinmg, it was a once in a lifetime experience. We were soaked but after we were wet it ended up being so fun, dirty, but fun and afterwards we got ourselves some in and out. 

Golden Gate Bridge service in the rain
Well that's about all for this week things are crazy as we get closer to Christmas. I hope this week was good for you all! Love you all and thank you for your prayers!

Que tengan un buenísimo semana!

Que le vía bien 

Hermana Foster

San Rafael District

Sam skyping into Miguel's baptism in Woodland

No comments:

Post a Comment