Monday, November 28, 2016

Week 47 - San Rafael

Hola hola! 

This week the Christmas initiative for the church was launched! If you haven't yet, I encourage you all to go watch it. It brings the spirit every time I see it and I love love love the 25 days of service the church is implementing with it this year. As missionaries here we are really trying to find ways that we can go in harmony with that. So I encourage you all to joy us and grab the calendar with the 25 days on mormon.org. It's such an awesome website actually! My goal is to do an act of service each and every day! I have the things I would like to do each day written down. Imagine if all members and missionaries were to do one act of service according to the chart each day miracle upon miracles could happen! Christmas is the best!

This week I got the opportunity to go on exchanges with Hermana Rivera!! We were able to catch up on so much and I got to go to Rhona park again. Ahh I love Hermana Rivera so much and thankfully she is doing so so much better. She is on a diet that is helping her a lot and is now beginning to slowly go back to other foods so prays all can continue well. She's an amazing missionary that inspires me to be better and just go go go. I was so happy I got to do exchanges with her. We laughed so much and she taught me more about having charity for everyone and about trying as many people as we can with the time allotted to us. We visited with one of their recent converts who went back and forth between English and Spanish, while telling us stories and telling her grandkids what to do. It was the best. I told her I have seven months left on my mission and she lost it saying that wasn't enough time and it shocked me to think I only have that much time left!

We did also meet with our part member family the Paniaguas! Please pray that we can know how to best teach their family as we need to approach the teaching gently. We had the greatest lesson with them on Saturday. We showed the initiative and then just talked and were able to establish the greatest relationship. The daughter Katie is so excited about the church and it's very exciting to see! The lesson we had with them made the week. It's such an experience to be able to feel a part of God’s love for his children here. It always amazes me how I can feel so much love for people I've only visited with twice. 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I hope you all had an awesome one, we were able to have an awesome dinner with the Escamilla family. I didn't even try to list what I am thankful for because there isn't even a place to start, I really have way too many things to be thankful for. But when asked my response was mi familia, I'm grateful they are mine and that they are mine forever. Also there were mashed potatoes at dinner so everything was just grand.

President Wright also called us, I'm not sure if he called every companionship but he called us to tell us over the phone he loved us and was thankful for us and it was the cutest thing ever.

We visited with Jaro again as well who actually turns out to be Jairo! But we read the introduction with him and he asked questions and had comments and even found his way to asking about tithing in our church. So we explained it and he totally understood and shared a story about tithing in his life. He is so awesome and he again told us we could come twice a week so prayers things can continue and that he can feel of the spirit. It's the best to teach people really, my favorite thing so it was awesome to talk with him. And speaking Spanish also my favorite I love it.

Today my best friend Brooke got married. I saw some pictures on Facebook and they looked really good and she looks happy. It was kinda sad not being able to be there but it's all okay! What do you do when your best friend get married?  You wear the pearl necklace she gave me and I made our district wear Brooke's wedding colors because I can.  We lined up as if we are the wedding line we just need Brooke and Nathan in the middle of us :-)

Pearl Necklace Brook gave me!

Brooke's wedding line in California 
Well I love you all!! Welcome to Christmas month, I hope everything is awesome!! Remember to emulate Christ's example and love always. Thanks for all your prayers and love!! 

Les quiero muchísimo 

Hermana Foster 

Don't ask, I don't know!

The Christmas Tree my mom sent me that I am in love with!!!

The Umana Family that is moving to Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment