Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 36 - Woodland

Querido todos!!

This week was amazing!! To start off Tuesday was a fantastically awesome day. We were able to visit a bit with Jorge and we got to have dinner with Patricia, Thomas, and Luna! It was seriously great.

The Lord has been preparing Patricia to come back to church so so much. She has two jobs and this week got another one so she could quit one that is farther away. We were planning on talking with her about coming to church on Sunday.  Today she mentioned how they needed to go to church, so the Lord is guiding her in so many ways. She was so happy we were there and we were so happy to be there.

Thomas told me I looked like I was 60 and that he was going to call me Jenny because Sister Foster sounds like a boy name. Wonderful. That night we visited with a former investigator named Maria. We had an awesome lesson with her she opened up a lot to Hermana Dorny and I and we were able to open up a lot to her.

She actually contacted us and asked us to come by and she said that she could feel the difference in her life when missionaries were visiting her and that she wanted that peace and feeling back. I had never had someone say that to me before but it was very awesome and she asked us to visit her everyday. She has some struggles in her life and said that she needs a strength with her everyday and she knows that God can give that to her through us. We readily agreed. So please pray that she can have strength to follow the Lords path for her!

She also has some kids and they have two pet bearded dragons and two pet chameleons and yes I got to hold a chameleon and yes it changed colors and yes my life is now fulfilled because of this experience.



I want to testify this week about the love that God has for each of us. The Lord has blessed me very much in giving me an opportunity to serve in Woodland and with Hermana Dorny.

First I have so much love for Hermana Dorny she is so willing, ready, and amazing. She inspires me and teaches me new things everyday.

Second the people here in Woodland I have a crazy amount of love for. It is here with all of these people that I can catch a glimpse of the love Heavenly Father has for each of us. The love I've developed for people here has been very fast and it is huge. I think I can say I would do anything for them.

This just makes me think about how we can't even comprehend how much our father in heaven loves us. He loves us more than anyone on this earth can love us and he watches over EACH of us daily and that is only one of the things that is so beautiful and amazing about this Gospel. So remember that God loves you this week always always remember that he loves you and that he wants to hear from you, all we have to do is kneel and pray.

I also testify that obedience is the key to everything. The Lord wants to bless us and when we are obedient he has the power to do that. Our obedience in the small simple things is how we demonstrating our love to Him. Nothing at all can happen, we can't receive blessings and we cannot grow without obedience to the commandments.

They could be hard but we do hard things because we love Him. Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of Heaven so strive to be obedient in all the small and big things this week as well!

Well I love you all so much and I hope these emails all make sense.  Sometimes I feel they are all jumbled. I learn SO a much every week here and try to put it into words to share so I very much hope it makes sense!

Love you all so so much and thank you thank you thank you for all the birthday wishes!!! :) 



I had an awesome awesome birthday with cake and presents and was able to see Sister and President Wright at a little conference we had for trainers and new missionaries!!!

Thank you all so much! Love you!!

Con amor

Hermana Foster

Angelina and Thomas

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment