Monday, July 18, 2016

Week 28 - Sonoma Valley

Querido todos!

This week was good! It started off with a fun pday of bowling and basketball. Tuesday I needed up going on surprise exchanges with Hermana Lewis! It was so great. We went to the vets home and saw some people and they are the sweetest and greatest. One of them was named lance and he was a very sassy fellow that had us take him to the store. He had to buy his hot dogs and Honey buns, he wants one for breakfast every morning. After that we had some a&w for dinner and found out that there had been a shooting early in the morning where our apartment was. So we had some phone calls with zone leaders and president about counsel on what to do, so we stayed away for a bit and did some work and the police ended up finding the guy so all was well! We celebrated by buying cherry cokes... Possibly my new addiction... But I didn't say that out loud. Anyway it was a super fun exchange and I love Hermana Lewis she has been my leader since I came to California and is going home this transfer. I'm very sad to see her go she has taught me so so so much about being a missionary and a person and I'm so grateful the lord placed me with her these past couple months! She's the best and is such a great example I strive to be a missionary like her!

Unfortunately we had a lesson with Thelma and she made more excuses about not being able to come to church. It was super sad to hear we explained we couldn't keep visiting if she didn't come and she said she would call us Sunday morning if she felt better. We really thought she was going to be baptized but I guess it isn't her time, but that's ok because the lords timing is perfect! We did get to eat a delicious dinner with the morenos though and that was the best. They are just my favorite and they promised to come to church again, it's cool to see a change happening especially in Hermana Moreno right now!! They both have such powerful testimonies and know the church is true so we just keep working on getting them to feel the spirit and it's whisperings because it will tell them what they need to do. They are my favorite, annnnd it was Bambi's birthday this week!! Oh how I love her, we got the elders and some brownies and ice cream and party hats and we went and had a little party with her. She was so so happy and it made me so so happy as well. It's always always one of my favorite times when we go visit with her!

We were sad to hear about the attack in France from mama Newman this week also. I had shared my favorite scripture D&C: 122:9 in a lesson before we found out and I love how it applies. A sentence says "fear not what man can do for God shall with you forever and ever" and this is so true. He has a plan for each of us and he is going to make sure that everything he has set goes as planned, so we truly don't need to have fear of the wickedness here or what man can do because we have the most powerful on our side. How amazing is the gospel??? Just the best!!! :) And the plan of salvation is another great blessing that I pray those effected in France can come to find!!

I love you all so very much thank you for your prayers and emails! I hope you are all doing great!! Have a great week!! Remember who you are!

Con muchisimo amor

Hermana Foster


No comments:

Post a Comment