Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Week 1 - CCM

Hola Todos!

Hey Look, I am a Hermana (Sister Missionary)
First emailing is really stressful so if I don't respond to all your emails bare with me I will answer them eventually I love you all! 

Well tomorrow will mark my first week here in the MTC or CCM in Spanish! First off let me thank all who have sent packages or letters or anything through dearelder.com it is so fun and happy to receive mail. So I thank you all so much for that! 

The MTC haha oh my what a place this is. The very first day I got here we checked into my residence picked up my pack of literally 20 pounds of Spanish learning material and went to class. Yes the teachers don't speak ANY stinking english, it's all Spanish. But I will say I have been here 5 days and it is truly crazy how fast we are learning a new language. I am still bad at conjugating but I can speak slowly in Spanish! WHAT?! 

Me and my companion Hermana Bennett
There are still so many things I don't know but my companion and I have taught a lesson to an investigator named Paco 3 different times. We have to prepare what we want to say a lot but el don de lenguas (the gift of tongues) is so real and I testify of that. The MTC is fun but also hard.  Some days my brain just can't take in anymore Spanish haha. Oh and we are in our classroom for probably 12 hours of the day so going outside in the arctic is actually quiet nice. The mountains and snow are super pretty here, flat Texas has nothing on those. 

Waking up at 6:30 is super duper enjoyable but I'm sure I will get used to the schedule and all though I'm super tired the people here are fun and we are usually busy so that distracts from it! 

I love you all so much and thank you for your support and prayers. It's hard but I know that I am supposed to be here and I know this campus is surrounded by the spirit. I testify that the Book of Mormon is true and that the prophets who wrote it were truly inspired by God and oh how great it is the words they have given us! 

Love and miss you all and the Provo temple is absolutely stunning and it was the highlight of everything. 

Con amoroso,

Hermana Foster


CCM District



No comments:

Post a Comment