Monday, June 19, 2017

Week 76 - Stony Point

Buenas Días Señoritas, 

Ok so just some stories from the week. 

First our car like broke a million times so we had to get a tire replaced and then it was in the shop for a whole day because of some problems so that just created a bunch of fun situations in figuring out how to get around since our area is huge and crosses freeways. But we did take a shuttle service from the car dealership to the church building and the driver was a kid just out of high school and that was a more than a interesting ride he asked us how we like to party. But it was a good week!

We meet a name named Juan that had actually been taught by the missionaries before. He remembered quite a bit from the lessons and we actually left him with another Book of Mormon after we talked for a while about some principles. It was an awesome discussion and we were able to see how a powerful testimony can change the atmosphere of anything. He wasn't quite taking us seriously and that always drives me nuts because people must know that I'm not out here as a 20-year-old doing this just for funnsies but because they need it. So I bore my testimony and explained that concept that I'm not here for me but that I'm here because the Book of Mormon has changed my life and that the only thing I want is for someone else to feel of its joy. It made things take a turn and he actually thought about the words we were saying after that so that was a good experience and a testimony builder about testimonies. 

We also were trying some less actives this week and we drove to one house to find that's it's bright bright yellow with a huge tree in front, that's beside the point but I literally mean bright yellow, we go and knock and a woman of the family answered the door. We started talking with her and she told us about how they had stopped coming to church for things that had happened but she said that they were in the past. We continued conversation with her getting to know her and Hermana Latimer and I both felt this huge amount of connection and love to her. We laughed a lot during the conversation and gave her our number, it was nothing to different than contacting any other less active until the very end.

I asked her if I could give her a hug before leaving and I did and she gave me the biggest and tightest hug ever and just held onto me and then did the same with Hermana Latimer and began to cry. We asked if she was ok and she told us that she was and that she was just so happy we were doing missionary work and that it was really really good to see us.

It was one of the happiest moments in the world to just tell her that we love her and that she can call us at any time she said of course and that was the end. It was so quick but so full of the spirit and one of those moments were you never want to stop being a missionary set apart to help people feel of Christ in their lives. The Lords plan is perfect and the love of Christ is beautiful. 

So the Lord is good and being a missionary is great and I'll add in a quote I loved from my studies this week to end things off. "It matters very little what people think of us, but it matters very much what we think of Him. It matters very little too, who others say we are; what matters is who we say Jesus is."

DISFRUTEN SU SEMANA! 


Hermana Foster

Xander, quite possibly one of Sam's favorite little people on this planet

2 comments:

  1. please visit my blog i have some very cool ways listed to make some money http://fishcoinz.blogspot.com thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Potentially you're carpooling with teammates to and from the motel to the get-together concentration, maybe you're voyaging solo, or perhaps you're getting your associate or kids tow. Rent Car Rawalpindi Regardless of the condition, you require a vehicle that can agree with your need and not go through each and every Rent.

    ReplyDelete