Monday, April 10, 2017

Week 66 - Bennett Valley

Hola hola!! 

It's been another good week here in California I hope all is well for all y'all as well! It rained some more this week which always makes things fun haha.

But some highlights hmm well we have an investigator named Richard who is deaf! Hermana Broyles is super awesome and knows sign language so we are able to teach him and he is already and set for a baptism next week on Tuesday! He's the best haha and always has the best questions for us about the scriptures. So it was exciting to see that he is all prepared.

Also an update, we also saw Juan again! And wow he just makes my heart so happy. He's so funny but we had an awesome lesson with him we weren't really sure what to share because we are in an awkward position of he wants to get baptized but has a tube in his chest for his operation that can't get wet so we just went with it and followed the spirit. And wow it was awesome!

We were just talking and we read about the waters of Mormon and how if we have a desire to serve God there's nothing to hold us back from baptism. After the scripture, the spirit took complete control and I just started talking and saying stuff about the Holy Ghost and how He helps us and how He could help him. I was pretty stunned for a moment and it took me a second to realize that it was the Holy Ghost but then Juan said something that made us all sit back for a second.

He looked at us and said God just told me. I should get baptized before my operation, I want the help of the Holy Ghost for my operation. We had a split second of silence and then we all flipped a little and were like yes yes yes haha Hermana Garcia like screamed and threw her hands in the air.

So then we talked about how in the world that could happen and decided that we will find some doctor to ask about it. As we finished Juan said well if it's the will of God it will happen and we were like yeaaaa. He said the closing prayer as well and let me tell you his prayers are the longest I've heard but they are so heart felt. He thanked God for having us come over and told him that he wants to follow him and asked him to not draw away from him but to help him keep understanding. Wow. That was a very happy moment.

Also during the lesson Hermana Garcia told him that he isnt allowed to say the word "pero" (but) anymore because that's just always followed by an excuse and there's none of those. And he tried so hard to not use pero he even said it in his prayer but caught himself and started laughing but continued on. But that shows his commitment.

He doesn't understand everything but he doesn't need to and he knows that he just want the help the gospel and the Holy Ghost can bring. So we just keep praying and we know that what God needs to happen will happen in his time!

To end off we can talk about how much I love the Book of Mormon. Haha it's really the best I love love the opportunity we have to study it each morning it's one of my favorite parts of the day. You all should just read it, it's too good too good! And this week I also thought a lot about repentance it's amazing that we have this gift. It comes to us so freely because of the love of our Heavenly Father and Christ. It's so free and always there for us. Our father in heaven and Christ are just waiting for us to confess to them and ask for their forgiveness and it is given because Christ suffered for us and because they love us and that's so beautiful. I love 1 john: 1:9 about repentance.

I hope you all had a great great week and hope that this week will be even better! The gospels awesome! Love you all!

Con un corazón lleno de amor,

Hermana Foster

My Easter Picture

In their car making hearts to attack someone with.

No comments:

Post a Comment